Our aim is to be an inclusive and friendly Club that helps young cricketers, both girls and boys of all abilities, achieve their potential in a safe and supportive environment while creating an excellent social Club for parents to enjoy their children’s cricket.
For details of Fixtures and League Tables please view the Junior Fixtures page.
2020 membership fees were discussed and agreed at the Club’s AGM in December 2019.
U5/U6: Saturday mornings 08:45 – 10:00
- 2020 membership is £125,
- Our Minis cricket section welcomes boys and girls aged under 5 and under 6 as on 1 September 2019
- Training sessions will run for 12 weeks on Saturday mornings from the end of April.
- Sessions are led by professional coaches who will run a mixture of softball and Kwik Cricket. Drills, challenges and games will develop basic skills of eye:ball coordination, bowling and batting.
- We provide softball and Kwik cricket equipment.
- Coach – Wayne White / Becks Jones
The aim of the Saturday morning sessions is to introduce the principle cricket techniques of catching, overarm and underarm throwing, overarm bowling, and batting. Qualified coaches are assisted by parents. The sessions are structured to give time a) to children playing independently of parents (usually when revisiting techniques already learnt) and b) to family members joining their children on the field. The parent helpers act as 1:1 assistants to the players and help feed or collect the ball whilst new skills are learnt. Coaching points are made to both children and family helpers so that they know what has table been taught and able to assist with reinforcing these techniques when playing in the garden at home. As the players become more comfortable with the techniques, the parental role decreases so that by the time the players reach the end of the U7 year they are playing independently in preparation for the U8 season in which league cricket is the norm.
Parents should be prepared to be involved in the field with their children for anything up to 40 minutes of each training session.
U7: Friday early evening 16:45 – 18:00
- 2020 membership is £175
- U7 cricketers have their own dedicated Training Session on Fridays run by professional coaches, volunteer Colts and volunteer parents,
- Outdoor sessions will run from the end of April to the first week of August.
- U7 do not play formal league matches
- Most players wear the new blue Club shirt and many have their own bat but the club can supply bats,
- Coach – Wayne White
U8 – U15 Boys and Girls. Weekday training sessions.
- 2020 membership is £195.
- Visit our Training – Junior Training Dates 2020 pages.
- Outdoor training starts mid April with formal training ending in the first week of August.
- Professional coaches, qualified coaches, volunteer older colts and volunteer parents run sessions normally devoted to skill development
- There are formal league matches for the U8 Age Group upwards with Friendly matches also arranged
- HSCC organises a day-long tournaments for U8 in May and in August for U8/U9, U10, U11 and U12. Typically between 4 and 8 visiting teams take part (depending on age group) as well as our own HSCC teams.
- Coach – Wayne White
U16 +: Thursday evenings 18:15 – 20:15
- 2020 membership is £95
- There is no formal league for the U16 age group.
- We enter a team in the local Surrey U17 and U19 Tournaments. All matches are after school exams.
- Older boys are encouraged to play in the Adult teams
The Club House is open throughout these evenings for parents to enjoy the “social scene” with a barbeque and full bar facilities available. On Saturday mornings the kitchen is open for hot drinks and squash.